Saturday, January 7, 2012

I never thought I'd be caked in salt and craving an S! Cap during a January run but, sure enough, this morning I was. Met up with Neal and Drew for an out and back on the Appalachian Trail on the Three Ridges section. This six mile, 3400 foot climb is legendary around these parts and the run is beautiful.

My partners were nice enough to stay with me in the early part of the climb but began to pull away after about 45 minutes. I wasn't totally popped off the back but pretty close. Obviously, more time is needed to get back into shape. The really good news about this run was the descent. I felt like my old self again on the descending switchbacks and was able to open it up a bit during the last 1000 feet or so. Given that, a couple months ago, I wondered if I would ever be able to run downhill again, this is a positive sign indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment